Friday, March 14, 2008

Under pressure


Things have changed in the past weeks at the Tracy Press and for the first time in my career I find myself the lone photographer for a newspaper.

I have worked by myself before for a week or two but now it might be for some time. If it is a locally produced photo odds are it passes before my lens.

As I finished my shift Friday I looked at the folder containing the sports photos for use in the Saturday paper. I somehow had produced in three days 21 sports images from 5 different sporting events, a couple of them scheduled to happen at the same time at different parts of town.

Photography has become a matter of run and shoot, just enough time at one assignment to grab a handful of pictures before a quick stop at the next event. The pressure is on for sure but the pictures still capture the peak action of the game.

No comments: