Friday, October 17, 2008

Precipitation measuring device

This is the Tracy Press rain gauge, a high tech device featuring an injection molded clear polycarbonate body, twist lock top cap and a modern equatorial wooden base mount with right ascension and declination markings scribed into the surface.

Ok, who am I trying to kid, it has a cracked plastic tube mounted on a wooden post that has a lean going to the right and is hung on the post with rusty nails. But hey, it still works.


Melanie said...

Gasp! Someone's revealing trade secrets! =) Ah, fond memories of the old rain gauge. Any precipitation for the season yet? (It's still strange for me, living in a place where it rains any old time of the year without warning.)

Safari Mom said...

I just love high teck stuff. Do you have to calibrate it?