Sunday, February 27, 2011

Going with the flow

With all the recent rains we kew we had to make at least one trip to the waterfalls this hiking season so today found us on the Trail at Uvas Canyon Park in Morgan Hill to take in the  sights of the waterfall trail.











It is not a very a long hike, the map says 3 miles but the some less than stellar trail markings led to a little confusion but nothing could take away from the spectacular waterfalls crashing along the trail.











Walking on the trail you can hear the roar of the water coursing through the various drop and swirling through pools as it winds its way down.  On today's hike I packed my Induro tripod with a a nice ballhead and a remote release to make time exposures a little easier and steadier.











I was playing around with the shutter speeds and ISO sensitivity settings a lot today.  I was trying for a different look in the pictures.  I think I came up with a surreal look in some as I singled out different falls and looked for details shots of the water's course.











This might be our only waterfall trip of the season but it is worth it.  Uvas Canyon never fails to provide lot's of photo opportunities for our hike.

No comments: