Wednesday, April 16, 2008

One pitch


I have a routine I go through when I cover a sporting event like a baseball game. Shoot a batter, shoot first base, get a fielding shot, the list can go on for quite awhile depending on how much time I have. Among the shots I always shoot is one shot of the pitcher.

I have a couple of ways I can shoot the pitcher, straight on through the backstop fence, third base view wind up, third base view delivery, first base view wind up and first base view delivery. I settled on a shot from the first base side. I wanted the ball just rolling off his fingertips. How many frames did I have to take until I got the shot I wanted? Not bad, only sixty frames trying to time his windup and delivery before I was quick enough to catch the moment I wanted. All that coffee I drink comes in handy.

No comments: