Thursday, September 18, 2008

Point and shoot


This is Canon's newest camera in their Powershot series of point and shoot cameras, the Powershot G 10. It features 14.7 megapixels, a 3" rear color LCD screen, real image optical viewfinder and built in optical image stabilization. It has a f.2.8 maximum lens speed and focal length equal to 28mm to 140mm with it's built in flash it tips the scales at just over 12 oz and is expected to retail for $500 in October.

I love my Canon G3 point and shoot I used it on my solo hike up Mount Diablo and I love the convenience of a small point and shoot. This is the latest in the G series upgrades and will probably have a place in my camera collection sometime in the future.

What I find sad is that only about five years separates the $500 14.7 megapixel Canon G 10 and the Tracy Press' first digital camera purchase, the Nikon D1 which recorded a whopping 2 megapixels and sold for $5,000. Yep we even bought two of them.

No comments: