Thursday, August 19, 2010

Days like these

This was one of those days.  I knew it wasn't going to be fun but you never know how messed up it will be.

My adventure started off witha trip to the San Joaquin County Superior court in Stockton to watch the arraignment of our latest murder suspect, a 26-year-old woman accused of shooting a man to death Monday night.
Right off the bat she let me know she wasn't too happy with my camera recording her first court appearance.  First she tried to cover her face and hide from the camera (thank you for our cover shot) and then she went into the evil stare down thing.  Nice try but I kept clicking away.
Back at the office I was just about to wrap things up when there was a call on the scanner about a car wreck on 12th  and Adam streets.  It turned out to be a pretty serious wreck requiring a victim who was ejected from one of the cars to be airlifted.  I spent a better part of the afternoon shifting form the crash scene to the landing zone to the get the shot.
Never a dull day at the office and a lot of action for the first week back since my vacation.

No comments: