Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bonk


As far as sports photos go this shot is pretty pathetic. But what makes this shot special is this is the view seconds before the ball tennis ball slammed into my head.

I was covering a Tracy High tennis match when the return went smack into my 300 mm lens perched in front of my face. Coaches and players surprised me asking, “you ok?” along with a chorus of sorry about that. Both coaches swear the ball smacked the lens, which drove the camera back into my face and shoved my head backwards. Funny thing is I don’t remember it happening. Go figure.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

You know, Glenn...I thought we had a talk already about your tendency to take one for the team. It's a figure of speech...we never meant it literally.
No memory? I think they call that a CONCUSSION! But we both know how you are...two Rapid-Release Tylenol and back to work :-D