Sunday, July 1, 2012

Back on the trail again

After my little adventure at Pleasanton Ridge two weeks ago and letting the blisters on my feet heal for a week I was back on the solo hiking trail on Saturday at my favorite spot Morgan Territory to get back in the hiking groove.












I picked an easy just under 6 mile hike making the Volvon Trail to Manzanita Trail Loop.  It has some good views, plenty of shade and a nice workout to get my hiking legs back under me.












The hike was pretty uneventful, just the way I like them.  The oddest thing was crossing paths with a geologist who was studying Native American grinding rocks in the park.












With Saturday's trip successfully completed I have set my eyes on a hike that I have been thinking about for some time.  I will hit the trails at Mount Diablo early Saturday morning.  My plan is to solo climb Eagle Peak then once I have come down the slopes from that summit I will turn and climb to the main summit  visitors center at the highest point in the park.  Two peaks in one hike.  I am stoked for this adventure, I have never climbed that much in one day and feel like I need the challenge.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Just be sure to take enough water with you this time Glenn. The temps look like they'll be cooler this weekend, but you still need to hydrate. Start right now!