Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A work in progress


Everyone needs a hobby, something to take their mind of the daily grind at work and I have my aviation interests. I could never afford a pilot’s license so I get my flying thrills in the small scale as a member of the Tracy Skyliners Radio Control Model Airplane Club.

I was getting ready to crack open my next airplane project when I got a novel idea. Why don’t I document the construction of the airplane kit underway? I can follow the construction in pictures, work on my close-up photography and make a nice little story from kit box to first flight.

So for the first installment, behold the wonders of a box of balsa, an airplane in disguise. My workbench welcomes the Sig Manufacturing “Kavalier” kit. I’ll make another update as the wing, the first construction step takes shape.

No comments: