Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Roughing it


The hardest thing about shooting a golf match is just getting in the right position. I spend most of the time dashing in front of the players to capture the next swing.

I shoot golf with a 300mm telephoto lens and usually to try to shoot from an angle to capture the golfer swinging toward the lens. The rule is you don’t trip the shutter until they make contact with the ball but shooting at long distances at the Tracy Golf and Country Club I can barely hear the camera over the sounds of nearby Interstate 580.

This was my first golf match of the season and I lucked out with this shot of a Tracy High golfer blasting out of a muddy lie near the base of a tree. I consider it a good day of shooting golf if I leave the course without a golf ball hitting my lens.

No comments: