Monday, December 25, 2006

Water hazard


I didn’t have to look far to find which assignment I was most miserable at during 2006. One rainy day found me lost on a golf course, sopping wet as I found someone enjoying a rain-drenched round of golf.

One lone golfer in a rain suit braved thunderstorms to try and finish his round at Old River Golf Course, but a three putt on a rain-soaked 13th green made him call it a day. I had just enough time to photograph him playing his last hole.

His round over I drove the golf cart back to the clubhouse, barely able to see through the wind whipped rain battering the cart’s windshield I could only hope the search party would find my body if I drove into one of the lakes by mistake on the course.

Finally back at my car I drove home to change clothes and dry off my camera gear. There is nothing quite like the smell of a wet canvas camera bag as it took days to dray out.

No comments: